CLOSE, LOCKS HEATH,
Tel: 01489 574029
1. All persons attending the sale under the conduct of the Auctioneers shall be deemed to be on the land and premises at their own risk and shall have no claim against the Auctioneers in respect of cancellation/postponement of a sale or any loss, accident or injury, however occasioned.
2. All bids made shall be treated as offers made upon these conditions of sale and all persons present are admitted to attend a sale on the basis that they have notice of these conditions. All persons intending to bid must register at the registration desk before the sale starts.
3. The Buyer shall be the person making the highest bid which is acceptable to the Auctioneers as signified by the fall of the hammer. In the case of a dispute, it shall be settled by the Auctioneers, whose decision shall be final.
4. The Auctioneers have sole discretion (a) to refuse any bid, (b) to advance the bidding as they may decide, (c) to withdraw or divide any lot or combine one lot with another or others, (d) to exclude any person from the auction room.
5. Lots put up for sale are subject (a) to any reserve imposed by the Seller, and (b) the right of the Auctioneers to bid on behalf of the Seller up to the amount of the reserve, but the Seller shall not bid personally on any of his own Lots.
6. The Buyer shall during or at the end of the sale, pay the full purchase price plus 10% buyer's premium either in cash (in accordance with T&C No 17), by cheque or debit/credit card. Cheques will not be accepted from Buyers unknown to the Auctioneers, unless prior arrangements have been made with them, or Bank or other suitable references have been supplied. Non-compliance with this condition may delay the release of lots pending the clearance of cheques. Payment by debit card incurs no charge but 10% buyer's premium applies. Payment by credit card incurs charge of 3% and 10% buyer's premium also applies
7. The Auctioneers will at the request of the Buyer store larger items at their premises for up to two weeks at the Buyer’s risk, and these can be collected by prior arrangement.
8. The Auctioneers will execute commission bids, written or telephoned, free of charge. Postal bidders should use the form at the back of this catalogue. Commission bids will be executed as cheaply as possible having regard to any reserve and other postal bids or bids in the room. The auctioneer shall not, however, be responsible for any neglect or default in executing or failing to execute any commission bid.
9. Subject to condition 12, (a) lots are sold with all faults and imperfections and neither the Seller nor the Auctioneers is responsible for any defects whatsoever; (b) no warranty is given or authorised to be given by the Seller or the Auctioneers with regard to any Lot other than that the Seller had the right to sell it; (c) any express or implied conditions or warranties, whether relating to description or quality, are hereby excluded.
10. Ample opportunity is given for viewing and the Buyer by making a bid, acknowledges that he has satisfied himself fully before bidding, by inspection or otherwise, as to its condition. This includes the physical condition and the description including, but not restricted to, whether the lot is damaged or has been repaired.
11. The Auctioneers undertake that care has been taken to see that the catalogue descriptions, including rarity, origin and condition, are accurate and reliable, taking into account all the information available when the catalogue was prepared, but these are necessarily matters of opinion only and shall not be taken to be statements of fact.
12. Notwithstanding Conditions 9,10 and 11, if the Auctioneers receive notice in writing from the Buyer within 7 days of the sale that in his opinion a Lot is a forgery, and on giving such notification the lot in question is returned to the Auctioneers at their premises, in the same condition as when bought, then if on considering such evidence as the Buyer supplies to prove his assertion, the Auctioneers decide that the Lot is a forgery the sale of the Lot will be rescinded and the purchase price repaid to the Buyer.
13. The Buyer shall not become the owner of any Lot, and the Auctioneers shall have a lien thereon, until the Buyer has discharged the purchase price plus the 10% buyer's premium .
14. If the Buyer fails to pay for or remove any Lot bought by him or in any other material respect fails to comply with these Conditions, the Auctioneers shall have the right (a) to resell the lot by public auction or otherwise without notice to the Buyer, and if any deficiency arises on such resale after deducting the full costs and expenses of the Auctioneers, the Buyer shall be responsible to the Seller and Auctioneers (but any surplus to be the Seller’s) or alternatively, (b) to store the Lot at the premises of the Auctioneers or elsewhere and to release the Lot to the Buyer only after payment in full of all reasonable storage and removal expenses incurred (in addition to the purchase price).
15. Persons handling Lots do so at their own risk and shall make good all loss or damage however sustained, such estimate of cost to be assessed by the Auctioneers whose decision shall be final.
16. The commission rate for Vendors is 10% of the hammer price or a minimum of £5.00 per item sold or unsold.
17. In accordance with money laundering regulations, Solent Railwayana Auctions are unable to accept high value payments in cash. There is a £8000 cash limit per auction invoice.